This page will detail any job vacancies within the school.
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Group 2 School - 3-11 years (n.o.r. 250)
Salary: Main scale / Upper payscale
Following a prolonged period of low staff mobility, we are anticipating some change and we want to ensure we have the right people in our school when we begin the 2020-21 academic year.
Why work with us?
- We have a proven track record at supporting and developing teachers. Many of our teachers join us as NQTs and nearly all stay for at least five years.
- We have had the highest staff attendance in Lewisham for the past two years and we’re always near the top. This is largely because teachers are happy in their jobs, there is a real team spirit and we’ve got the balance right. Teachers work hard but there is flexibility and we don’t waste time on things that don’t really matter. The headteacher and deputy headteacher both teach regularly and are very much still in touch with the role of teaching.
- Every teacher gets 3 hours of PPA time each week (statutory is 2 ½ hours) and NQTs get NQT time on top of this.
- There is also a timetable for subject leader release, meaning that time is given within the school day to allow subject leaders to carry out their roles.
- We are one-form entry school with a two year curriculum. This means teachers can collaborate in pairs e.g. Y3 and Y4 teachers plan and teach shared topics.
- We offer a pathway to school leadership. In the past 5 years, four of our teachers have gone to leadership positions.
- We have TAs in each class, a full-time sports coach and a music teacher.
Where are we?
- Our postcode is SE13 5SG. We are about a 10 minute walk from Blackheath, 12 minutes from Hither Green and 20 minutes from Lewisham.
It truly is a great place to teach. Have a look at our website (sml.london) to get a sense of what we are about and please give us a call on 020 88523151 and ask for Ian if you want to find out more.
Best wishes, Ian Wilson, Headteacher
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children so all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Our school is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity.